To transform lives, inspire hope and end homelessness.
To help break the cycle of homelessness by enabling people to rebuild their lives.
Honest and open
We treat everyone with kindness and respect, without prejudice or discrimination.
Safe and supportive
We provide a home where residents can be comfortable and safe and can find the help and restoration of self-esteem they need.
Flexible and caring
We foster collaboration to work as a team with residents, staff, volunteers, the local community and other agencies / partners.
Our Overarching Goals
Our Overarching Goals:
- Our goal is for residents to make a planned move to more permanent accommodation when the time is right for them, having made the best use of the services provided by The Winchester Beacon and other support agencies.
- We plan to expand the capacity of The Winchester Beacon to increase the number of people who can benefit from all of the charity’s services.
- We intend to increase the level of organisational resilience to ensure that The Winchester Beacon continues to thrive, offering a sustainable and increasing level of service to those experiencing homelessness.
Aims – we will do this by:
- Continuing to develop our own move-on provision.
- Identifying new forms of support and developing appropriate provision tailored to individual need.
- Further developing our volunteer base, increasing the volunteer support provided by those with specialist expertise to further enhance The Winchester Beacon’s services.
- Work as a pro-active partner in Winchester and more widely across Hampshire to support individuals and other organisations to reduce and end homelessness though continuing to raise public awareness about homelessness.