Financial report 2017 – 2018
- Donations & Gift Aid – £115,680
- HCC Grant – £61,510
- Housing Benefit & Resident Payments – £85,410
- WCC Grants – £29,330
- Restricted Grants & Donations – £21,350
- Other – £3,970
- Salaries and staff training – £243,520
- General running costs – £34,800
- Administration – £7,230
- Publicity/Fundraising – £1,670
- Resident support and wellbeing – £8,950
- Outreach support – £5,000
- Other – £1,820
The Nightshelter receives its funding from roughly three different sources: donations and Gift Aid, Housing Benefits and resident payments (£2 per night for unemployed residents, £10 for employed residents) and local authority funding.
In 2018, we received £16,300 from local churches, £5,000 from the Oliver Borthwick Trust, £1,750 from the Spare Change for Real Change scheme collection boxes. We also received large donations from Arrive, Lyndex Contractors, the Selwood Trust, the Thomas Roberts Trust and Warner and Richardson. We are so grateful for all the donations received.
Our expenditure was similar to last year with the main item being staff costs. As always, we can only continue our work because of all the practical support we receive, including donations of food and other items, and the many hours given by our wonderful volunteers.
A full version of our Financial Report can be obtained from the Nightshelter office.